1. What is your favorite thing about summertime?
Grilling with the fam and cocktails on the patio! their is nothing better than hanging on a patio with your friends and family, laughing, talking, and relaxing
2. What is your ideal retirement location (if money didn't matter)?
Honestly, a house on lake Nacogdoches. wth... i know, but i absolutely love the country. small time life is so easy and relaxed. I would love to have a cabin style house, with lots of land around it, and the back yard facing the lake!
3. Do you live in the same town you grew up in?
I can do you one better. I live in the same house that i grew up in (for the most part) My parents lived here from the time i was in 3rd grade until 7th grade. The rented the house out after we moved out, and when i graduated from college and began teaching i bought it! In fact Lani's nursery is my old room!
4. What nervous habit did you have as a child that you kicked to the curb before becoming an adult?
I had a stutter. sometimes when i'm nervous, and talk too fast, it comes back.
5. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you while on the job?
My first year teaching i was teaching a lesson on the Doppler effect (how sounds get louder the closer they get and softer the further the get). My example was a fire truck. So remember that stutter, well sometimes i juxtapose words too. So instead of fire truck i said tire @#$@!!! i couldn't even continue because i was so embarrassed and the kids were laughing so hard. I had to step out of the room for a second just to gather my composure again. needless to say i was very careful when i said fire truck for the rest of the day